Search This Blog

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Introducing Michael McCarty Grohs


He was certainly due to arrive on June 1 because at 4:15 that morning, my water broke and our well designed plan was put into overdrive. In the end, it changed nothing because my contractions weren't bad and we decided that if I could wait, the c-section would proceed at 9 a.m. as planned. And so it did. After the spinal and prep(which was incidentally, much worse than I remember) the doctors let Ryan and my Mom into the room and began. Michael arrived at 9:18 a.m., weighing a svelte 8 lbs., 10 oz., and measuring 21 1/2 inches long (they measured 20 1/2 initially). He is as dark as his big sister was and though they certainly have similarities, he is his own person with narrower features, blue eyes and incredibly long fingers and toes.




During pregnancy, I was concerned that I couldn't love a second child as much as I love Elena. It's safe to say that concern ended the moment he entered the world. He is a bundle of precious, sweet heaven and he is loved a million times over.
And speaking of Elena, she is a proud big sister who loves to hold and kiss her baby brother. The week has been a rush of excitement and spoiling for her with presents and Grandma and Papa Grohs visiting, so we'll see what next week brings, but I think we're all going to be very happy as a family of four.
More will come later, but in the name of updating the blog, this will have to do for now. We are quite simply, happy, exhausted and complete.





2 comments:

Melissa said...

Awww..this made me teary. So precious. Your family is gorgeous and wonderful. Oh, and what do you mean by "worse than you remember?" Please don't freak me out. I have 24 days until mine! HA.

Justin said...

Wow! Congratulations! I can't believe how big he is!