Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Goings on

Ryan just took Elena to swimming (where incidentally, she has improved dramatically and can swim about five-six feet and jump in the pool on her own) and Michael is sleeping in his swing. I have a cup of coffee and am enjoying the solitude of blogging about our family.

This staying at home thing is more difficult than it looks. I love being with the kids more and getting to know our new baby, but my 'to do' lists are longer than ever, mostly because I notice all the things that need to get done or that I've put off forever. I have big plans this week - cleaning the file cabinets may very well take me the whole week, but it's getting done.

Elena has been full of sass these last few days. I asked her something the other morning and she promptly loaded her spoon with cereal and put it in her mouth. She then pointed to her mouth indicating she couldn't answer me with food in her mouth (Uh, no you didn't little girl). She hurled a shoe across the room the other day and has been running away from us in public places with no regard to our repeated calls back. In short, she's three.

But even with all that, she's usually sweet. Like last night when she told Daddy while holding up the sign for "I love you" that she loved him. "Never forget. Okay, Daddy?"

Or when she climbed into bed with us this morning and grabbed my hand, then Ryan's and asked us to say morning prayers (We all cuddle together when saying them in the evening, after books and before bed). She always cuddles into me closely and this morning was especially sweet with her praying that, "We have good eggies forever and ever." (Everything is forever and ever with her - a tad dramatic when discussing breakfast, but cute nonetheless).
Michael is still sleeping constantly. He's awake a little more these days (maybe five hours a day on average) but mostly, he sleeps and eats a lot. He weighed in at 11 lbs., 1 oz. on Monday when I took him to the doctor to check his gooey belly button. He is certainly filling out nicely with cute little pudgy thighs and arms. He's just a sweet little boy and we're totally smitten. It's sad already though, because he's starting to lose that baby fuzz on his arms and back and has a mean case of baby acne.

Oh, how fast it goes. Our little bug is already a month old.

I suppose that's all for now - I should shower or something before they return and Michael wakes. It's going to be 107 degrees today, so we'll be finding cool things to do on this hot summer day.

No comments: