Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The time is near

Elena and Olivia on Memorial Day

I had what I can only call contractions starting at 4 a.m. this morning and suddenly realized... maybe I don't want to go into labor earlier than the scheduled c-section after all. Holy moly. If those weren't contractions, WHAT were they and why were they trying to kill me? But they ended after about 40 minutes and the day went on as planned. Ryan helped me clean and we got the whole house done in an hour and a half, then filled the shelves with groceries before he took a late morning bike ride and I readied for a very enjoyable pedicure with some friends. They treated me to a nice afternoon and boy, I think I'm ready. Things are clean, I'm as coiffed and painted as I'm going to be and 'the plan' is set. Alright, alright, so I'm a little neurotic, but it makes me feel better and that just can't be bad.

So in case it hasn't been clear before, we're ready and very eager to meet our little man (or little tank as he is expected to be... I measured 41 weeks at this week's appointment).

I think that'll do it for now. A new posting should be expected in about a week when we introduce the second half of Two Grohs into the blog. Happy Memorial Day from our family of three and a half.

No comments: