Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's a learning experience

Ok, so it's more difficult to get out of the house with two kiddos. I admit it.

With Ryan at work, I braved this for the first time on my own and I humbly request a do-over. I'm accustomed to getting Elena and myself ready rather quickly and though Michael isn't much work, the morning took an ugly turn when 1) Michael pooped all over our duvet and down comforter and 2) the ants came to claim our kitchen as their own. Couple this with needing to feed him before leaving, make myself look like I'm not a new Mom of two and of course, the regular getting ready and packing necessities and I've blown through an hour easily. But we're learning and it's good practice. Michael continues to be our dreamboat and Elena is a wonderful big sister. She's a sassy one these days, but mostly she remains very sweet and eager to do the right thing.

Oh and as shown, I cut Elena's hair this week (snif). I didn't want to, but the difficulty of the morning brushing outranked the need to hold onto her beautiful curls forever (and the curl is still there, but I'd bet next year's haircut will very sadly, end that). Our three-week old and three-year old are growing up.



1 comment:

Sara Green said...

So sweet!! Makes me want another one. :-)