Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2008

Pour some sugar on me



As I so often say, "FOR THE LOVE OF....(insert remainder of frustrated sentence)," Elena LOVES sugar. She doesn't just love it though, she LOVES it. The latest birthday party and of course, birthday cake, really proved it. She hovered over the birthday cakes (yes, I said cakes plural) for quite some time until it was time to dive in, which she of course, did. The picture that illustrates this is uber blurry as it is taken from my Blackberry, but I think it serves the purpose.


Elena's sweet tooth matches her demeanor. The kid is sweet. There's no doubt about it. She knows what to say and how to tug at heart strings. Some of it is orchestrated in her two-(almost three) year old brain, but most of it is from the heart. Case in point: Somehow I forgot to buckle her car seat yesterday and half way up the hill, she said, "Mama, you didn't buckle me." I shrieked a bit and Ryan jumped out to buckle her. I felt awful and thanked God for her brilliance, but almost immediately following, Elena said, "It's okay, Mama. You're still a good Mama." (melt, sigh, thank you Jesus for this child)

No comments: