Search This Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2008

When I'm three



Elena will be three in a few weeks and her thought process is certainly maturing too. We constantly laugh at the things that come out of her mouth. And so I dedicate this entry to those ramblings. A few are highlighted below:



  • We constantly ask Elena when she'll be ready to poop in the potty. Her standard response? "When I'm three."

  • Elena asked for 'prubacy' because she was pooping and needed to be alone.

  • I explained that we don't call people names (after one name-calling incident). She paused, looked at me and said, "But I like it when you call me Lala."

  • Elena has gotten into a bad habit of coming into our bed for the last couple weeks and though we're ending that now, it's been so sweet having her there. And so she tells us... "Mama, this is so special." She puts her head on the pillow next to me and wakes me with a kiss on the forehead in the morning. Gee - I wonder why we were slow to end the sleeping arrangement?

  • I tried to explain dying a bit the other day when she heard that something was dead (I don't remember what). I told her that dying was when someone went to heaven and we couldn't see them, but we could talk to them a lot and love them and that they were in a beautiful place. She thought about it and said, "Like Oregon?"

And because we have to have photos, here are a few from Gus and Isabel's beautiful new house. She LOVED the trampoline (and so did Mommy).

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Look at you, you little gymnast. Love it! Elena looks adorable on that rope swing.