Search This Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Memories in the making


A few things of late that I wanted to record:

  • Did I ever blog about the time a few months ago when Mommy hacked her legs shaving? There was quite a bit of blood and when I put my legs on the chair, Elena gasped. She quickly disappeared to emerge with a dripping wet wash cloth. I was none too happy and hurried Elena to the table where she could deposit it. She did immediately, but started crying in the most pathetic and apologetic way.... "MOMMY, I just wanted to wipe your legs!!!!!!!" I ate so much crow in those few seconds and don't remember a time when I've felt so guilty, sorry and still proud. I hugged her quickly, apologized and she wiped my legs eventually. What a good heart that kid has and what a lesson Mommy learned that day.

  • Two nights ago, Elena opened her door at about 11:00 p.m. and closed it again. I went in to check on her and she was out again, curled in a little ball. Missing though, were her blankets. I looked everywhere in the dark and no blankets could be found so puzzled, I grabbed another and covered her. By that time, Ryan had joined me and he found the blankets piled on her little kitchen, covering her new blue night light (recently purchased to keep away the 'big girl bed monsters'). Oh, that was just so sweet and again, a little pathetic. Mommy's heart ached for her little girl who was so brave to handle the annoying light on her own.

  • Elena just got her second haircut to 'even' it out. I hated doing it, but it was crucial. She was very good and got a celebratory ice cream cone following this great accomplishment.

Elena is pictured here during said haircut, modeling a few new outfits and finally, making cake for Gramma's birthday.



No comments: