Search This Blog

Sunday, August 24, 2008

City slickers

We return from camping a little dirtier and a little wiser. Fun? I think so. The kids loved it, the husbands loved it and the girls, well, we tried. We really wanted to be rugged. But what we lack in outdoor-si-ness, we make up for in sarcasm and laughter. We weren't short on the laughs.

It's weird. I camped a ton as a kid and camped in my Jackson Hole days, but I've since opted for very little tent sleeping. We'll go again I know, a little more prepared and in a place that has potties for Mommy and Lala. It's good for us to get out into nature, but for now I'm pretty happy to be home and free from sap-covered feet.

I guess I'm whatcha call, a bona fide city girl (SATC, circa 2004). Let's hope Elena can boast a little more of Daddy's ruggedness in this department.

(Here are a couple shots of Elena and Emily gettin their camp on.)

No comments: