Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Not forgotten

Yesterday, many people lost a wonderful person. My beautiful friend, Cindy Vickers, was not yet 60, but lost a very short battle with cancer. Cindy had waited so long for a grandchild and her daughter, Kindra will deliver a little girl in August. Though we only knew about Cindy's illness for a little over a week, we never stopped praying that she'd make it to that delivery. I suppose she'll watch it from overhead now.

I'd known Cindy since I was a kid, but not really until I turned 22 when I went to work for Renaissance. Those memorable years formed a friendship that stuck. Cindy and her family decorated our wedding (for nothing... just out of love) and helped throw one of my baby showers when we had Elena. She was even at my bachelorette party, despite our age difference. She was just a beautiful soul, full of energy and laughter. She will forever be missed by so many. She will certainly be missed by me.

Last night as Elena, Michael and I were praying before bed, I was teary as we prayed for Cindy's family. Elena said, "Don't worry, Mama. There are lots of newborn babies." I froze and asked her what she meant. She didn't really know, she just said she wanted to make me feel better. It did. She's spectacular. Bye, sweet Cindy Lou... may your soon-to-be newborn granddaughter hear stories of you that make her know how wonderful you were.

No comments: