Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Low Ri-der

Our little Elena gave us the biggest surprise yesterday and rode her bike without training wheels! I happened to mention to Ryan that we should start working on it with her, so after dinner, he pulled the training wheels off and Elena cried as soon as she had to put her feet on the pedals. Honestly, this is about what I thought the next half hour would look like and we'd try again the next day. But it was chilly, so Michael and I moved back inside and Daddy took La to the park. They returned within a half hour and called us out to witness the most amazing sight. Elena pedaled like a pro, turning in the driveway like she'd been doing it for years. I cried and Michael laughed until I joined him. It was very sweet and we were just so proud of her for picking the whole thing up in about 45 minutes. It was quite a milestone and she couldn't have been more proud of herself. She stayed outside for the next hour, just turning circles in the driveway with Daddy cheering the whole time. Finally the temperature dropped well below what is comfortable and I called the 'cyclists' inside. I think we will all have many bike rides in our future, but Daddy is truly excited to have his little girl enjoying the sport he loves so much.

No comments: