Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Freeze, please

I actually cried while I was holding Michael tonight. He is pure joy with his big eyes staring at me so intensely or smiling and giggling when we stare at one other too long. I would give anything to freeze these moments --- the ones where he stares at me with his wet, drooled on hand half way in his mouth, with his fuzzy hair tickling my cheek or when he falls asleep on me, making what must be the cutest baby sounds on earth. I'm convinced no other child has ever made such sweet sounds.

Or may I please freeze this morning's pre-school drop off with Elena? We were 10 minutes early to school, so I invited her into the front seat to bop to music (Ryan did this with her a few weeks back and treasured it). We car danced, sang and exchanged a couple of precious hugs before I walked her to class.

Or also this morning, when I walked into the front room when she admonished Michael for glancing at the television. "No, no, Michael. That is very bad. That said it's BREAKING NEWS. It's bad for you."

May I please, oh please, just freeze some of this wonderful time? Thank goodness for the blog and these snapshots in time of my beautiful family.





No comments: