Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday, Sunday

Another lovely Sunday is being had in the Hills, although Elena is just slightly under the weather (again). I'm off to get a pedicure with the girls in a bit, but had enough time to update my precious blog.
So after a nice weekend of golfing/biking for Daddy, good family time and more readying for the baby, it is nap time and all is quiet for a bit. I anticipate the already limited silence in our home is going to be even more acute soon. When we were stocking the baby's room this morning (with Daddy assembling the closet doo-dads), I was amazed at all the stuff we'd forgotten about and resurrected/purchased (the Bjorn, the monitor next to our bed and the teeny little diapers so small, they are scary). It's exciting, exhausting and altogether overwhelming when I look ahead (fewer than three months) and see our sleep-deprived lives. I know it'll get easier with time and just work itself out, but for now I'm allowing myself a little panic. Elena is SO excited and eager to meet her baby brother. She is very gentle with my tummy, rubbing Vitamin E on it, talking to him through my belly button and laying sweet kisses on this ever-expanding tum (which is incidentally, MUCH larger than last time. This kid never stops moving either.... UH OH). She's going to be a great big sister and we're hopeful that she won't be too jealous of the shared spotlight.

So with that, I'm off to get my feet rubbed and enjoy a little more downtime before the frenetic pace of the week starts tomorrow morning. We ought to have fun photos to share next weekend because we planned a family getaway to San Francisco, where we will spend the days in Golden Gate park, on Pier 39 and at the new Planetarium (is it bad that despite the fun-filled plans, I just can't stop thinking about the saltwater taffy?).




No comments: