Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2007

Terrible (Almost) Twos

We've been waiting and (gulp) I guess it's safe to say our little girl has entered the Terrible Twos. Don't get me wrong, she's still a love with lots of hugs and kisses for Mommy and Daddy, but goodness almighty - the tantrums. The tantrums.

Elena - "Shirt ON, Mama."
Mommy - "OK, let's put your shirt on."
Elena - "NO Shirt. Pants."
Mommy - "You want these pants?"
Elena - "Yeah..... NOOOOOOOOOO. Paint."
Mommy - "We can paint in a few minutes (and then we do)."
Elena- "NOOOOOO. Shirt ON."

Screams, whining and an arched back accompany this typical type of exchange at all times. Who has a glass of wine for Mommy?

Regardless, she's a sweet little girl most of the time and as we prepare for her 2nd birthday next week (complete with her very own piggy-themed party), we are filled with more love for her than ever. The years are going fast, but we love every minute (am I awful to say except for the tantrums?? :)).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know terrible 2's are not thrilling but all it takes is one hug for me from this little girl and I melt but then I don't need to deal with the tantrums. Lala, the time has gone by so fast, its unbelieveable you'll be 2 in 5 days and I have cherished every minute spent with you and looking forward to many more.

mary Ann Findlay said...

Holly, I so love this site. I look for a new posting from you almost daily even though I know a busy mama can not do that. You newest note made me think of Grandma Helen's advice to me when I wanted to pull my hair out with the terrible twos. She said "just pick your battles and laugh" Thank you for sharing your baby doll with all of us. Mary Ann