Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2012

I've lost my Mojo.

Dear Elena and Michael:

Your mother has lost her blogging mojo.  I blame Facebook.  I blame the quick one-liners I post to the alluring social networking site and if I have my druthers, I will find a way to archive those posts here, because I still think of you every minute and post your silliness and beautiful faces there almost daily.  I blame Facebook.  And work.  And an impending MPA.  And your Father's MBA program.  And exercise.  I blame exercise.  And chardonnay.  And mindless TV.  And the Fifty Shades of Grey series.  And exercise.  And Facebook. 

But I vow to do better, at least a little bit.  I've always loved this blogging and it seems I've replaced it for quippy little postings on a silly little Website.  I apologize.

You are both starting preschool and First Grade this week and I will post of these things.  I will talk about how Michael still loves to play with my hair and tells me, "You're the best Mommy in the 'ho' world."  I will talk about the resurrection of "Happy Happy Happy, Sweet Dreams" at the bedtime hour or how Michael stands at my face while I sleep sometimes. 

I will talk of the Justin Bieber concert Elena and I get to attend together just days after her seventh (gulp) birthday, or that she authors books now.  Of the Little Mermaid show we got to see with Gramma recently or the trip to Chico we took to see Papa, or the trips to Disneyland and Bed we will take during the holidays.  I will talk about Daddy's birthday celebration and the commercial debut Elena had, and her Soil Born Farms Summer Camp....I vow to discuss all these things.  Just as soon as I catch up on the 20 or so blogs I've missed.  I'm off to do this now. 












Love,
Mommy

No comments: