Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Where has it gone?

Where has the time gone? My babies are hardly that anymore and though the days are busy, I never expect to turn around and see them growing so quickly.

Michael remains obsessed with my hair at bedtime (which I love and that makes him still feel like the baby I know he still is at times), but finds his way to sleep in his own bed on some nights now. We've not pushed the 'sleeping in your own bed' much this time around and Elena started coming into our bed at about two and has never really stopped. We push it now with her, but become lax depending on the week.

We love it and neither of us has ever totally understood 'why not?'

Michael's vocabulary is through the roof - the lad doesn't stop talking and can say almost anything, many times copying his big sister and anything she says or does. They play a lot together and pretend a lot. Though they argue sometimes, they are very protective of one another and certainly have a lot of love. Today, for example, they played restaurant and while Elena offered orange-yellow soup, Michael offered coffee 'with oil or green stuff.'


Elena is learning to read something FIERCE. The kid has gone from forcing her way through most words, to reading signs on the street and sounding out sentences. It's an amazing thing to watch and we're so proud. She watches Project Runway with me these days and I have a glimpse into the future, of what I hope will be a lovely relationship. I couldn't love them more.



































































































































































No comments: