Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Camp Grohs

I tried. Once upon a time, I loved to camp and I tried to resurrect such a feeling with what sounded like the best place to go, "Ghost Mountain Ranch," conveniently located in Pollock Pines, 30 minutes up the road. It was described as an old ghost town with restaurant, soda fountain, movie theater, pool, trails and more. But the ^%@# place was so huge, our campground was only within driving distance of this, the bathrooms were far and we forgot the mattress. Essentially, we spent the first night sleeping on rocks and I was not feeling well. I hated it. Luckily, one of my besties, Christine and family joined us and she felt the same. So on Saturday, we packed up the little ones (Michael and Gavin) and drove back from the site so Sean and Ryan could keep the girls and finish the camping experience without their lame wives messing it up. And we were as happy as two girls have ever been, sipping wine and giving ourselves face and feet treatments. So I love camping now...as long as night #2 done our way, is always an option. Oh and p.s., the kids loved every minute, though Michael seemed to not know the difference.
























































No comments: