Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Junior K, OK?


Oh, the first day of Junior Kindergarten was an emotional one, as it seemed much like the first day of Kindergarten would be. Elena started the Jr. K program at Blue Oak today and she was a little nervous, excited and when the day was over, ecstatic. I think she knows she's on to something. Mrs. Carr, her teacher, is a gem and we have high hopes for Elena's experience this year. Mrs. Carr started the school year with a mailed special letter/poem and 'magic confetti' designed to reinforce a good night sleep before her first day (it didn't work) and the parent's packet today contained tea and a poem so we parents could 'relax from the emotion of the day.'

I dig this chick.
























Elena deemed the day a total success with two new friends, Buddy and Sierra, and she's eager to return tomorrow to learn and see her newly identified peeps. Oh and yes, I was teary, but after mistakenly telling Elena that I feared I would be, I hid it during the half hour drop off. She wasn't at all happy about the idea of me being sad and I never should've mentioned it. So today, there were quiet and bittersweet tears because my beautiful baby girl is on her way. Oh, how proud we are of our Junior Kindergarten Star.

































No comments: