Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

"C for Christmas"



I think it's safe to say our Michael is officially sitting up by himself. He manages it for several minutes at a time now before he sinks on his belly or flops over. I realized I only have a solitary photo of him sitting on our bed, but I'm sure there will be many more in his future. I've also noticed he's much less interested in grabbing his feet lately. Oh he'll still snack on an occasional toe, but his feet are much less exclusively in his mouth. Maybe it's a fluke and he'll dine on his paws again before we know it.


Elena sang at the retirement home yesterday and it was downright awful (nobody knew the songs, the kids sang facing the wrong direction, etc), but Elena did a fine job. Kind of. She also has a Chrismas pageant on Wednesday. Her line will be, "F for Frankincense." I gather each child is designated a letter of the alphabet and Christmas word. She's walked around here all week saying, "I for Frankincense" and I thought she was supposed to be saying, "I bring frankincense" or something along those lines. Finally, I understand she had the letter wrong. Nicky will be, "I for Innkeeper." It should be a very cute and chuckle-inducing performance.
And in the next 10 days, we have more excitement than we know how to handle. We will celebrate Christmas with my Mom and Dad this weekend, with the Polar Express train ride on Sunday with our wonderful neighbors. We are also trying to fit in a spin around the ice rink, but skiing had to be canceled due to some poor weather and a lot of work for Daddy. We will then drive to Seattle to celebrate Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa Grohs' house.


As I said, we have a lot happening, but we are very much in the Christmas spirit around here thanks to Disneyland, lots of hot chocolate and the magical combination of Christmas and children.

No comments: