Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2007

We give thanks


In the days before Thanksgiving, I've actually stopped to give thanks. Novel idea. I am thankful for my family and our lives. I am thankful for my sweet Lala who makes me laugh and pause in awe every day. Her sweet smell and her kisses/hugs, the way she calls for me and the way she loves her Daddy and uncles and grandparents and friends. I love her curls and her voice, her mouth and her big 'ol cheeks and the way she runs from the front door to the family room in anticipation of... well, nothing. She anticipates something wonderful around every corner. It's this that I love most about her. She finds happiness and light in everything. She does this because she is Elena, because she is young and because she is all that is good and happy and light.
For this, I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elena, I guess you don't know now how many people are so thankful you are in their lives. You are my laughter remedy, my love fix for hugs and kisses and add much joy to my life and thankyou to your mommy and daddy for having you and sharing your love. loves you. Happy 3rd Thanksgiving.
"THE MAUMA"